Saturday, October 2, 2010

Summary for C4K 1 and 2

C4K 1: The little girl I was assigned to for the C4K assignments is named Yessy. She is 14 years old and she is the oldest of four. She has two little sisters and a little brother. She describes herself as a nice girl, easy going and loves meeting new people. She said her biggest pet peeve was when people talked bad about people. She went on to tell many of her favorite things such as color, food, and animals. I loved how colorful she made her post and we seem to have many things in common. She seems like a pretty awesome girl and very mature.

C4K 2: I was assigned a different assignment for this.
The student I commented on is a student in a class similar to our EDM310 class. She is striving to be a Kindergarten teacher which is what I want to be. Her assignment was to think about technology for younger students and watch some videos. She went on to say she loved how interested the little girl in the video was in technology. I think it’s a great idea to start the technology at such a young age because for one, they are interested and two they will need it in the future so why not? This reminded me of the story we read about the 6 year old boy playing with the iPad without instructions. I think it’s awesome how easy technology is becoming for 5 and 6 year olds to use.

Another blog post I commented on was her post about using widgets and Skype. I haven’t worked much with widgets but I do use Skype a lot. I talk with my friends and my boyfriends who are off at different schools! I really enjoyed reading her thoughts and giving her mine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment