Thursday, October 14, 2010

Additional Assignent #2

How Kids Teach Themselves
1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
8. How are you motivated to learn?
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
1. I do think learners can teach themselves if they’re motivated. We have had to teach ourselves a lot for this class, and when I’m motivated, it makes it that much easier.
2. I think motivated learners that are kids can teach themselves to a certain point.
3. They need to have technology. When they have a computer they can research and find answers through search engines.
4. They have a major part in this process. The learners, especially children, need to have the computer to teach themselves.
5. Motivation and desire play, in my opinion, the biggest role in this process. The child or learner needs to be completely motivated or they won’t be interested in learning.
6. The role of questions or problems play a major role as well. They make the learner think as well as answer in a timely matter.
7. Motivating someone to learn could be considered one of the most difficult experiences of being an educator. You have to change the way the kids are use to looking at it and make it interesting for them.
8. I am motivated by my teachers and peers. When the people around me are studying and wanting to learn as well as my teacher being excited about teaching makes me want to learn as well.
9. Anyone not motivated to learn can still learn, but it will make the process longer and more difficult.
10. I don’t always teach myself, but sometimes I have to. For this class I have had to teach myself a lot. Although we are given instructions there isn’t someone there showing us step by step. For other classes that I teach myself in, it’s only because the teacher isn’t doing a good job.
11. Teachers have always played a huge role in my learning process. If a teacher is excited and interesting as well as interacts with the class then it is so helpful and much easier to learn. This class has taught me how to teach myself with some instructions.
12. I think the most important idea from this video was when he asked the lady to teach the kids about science. Her response was she didn’t know how it how could she teach it. He told her to just act like a grandmother and admire what the kids were saying and doing. As she did this for 2 months the kids grades went up 20%. This is amazing and proves that repetition alone can improve the learning process.
13. I think teachers need to realize how much kids look up to them and want to “impress” them in the class room. For example, the teacher I was talking about in the above question would say to the students, “oh that’s cool”, “can you do that again for me?”. These statements and questions let the students know the teacher is interested in how they’re doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment